Sunday, February 21, 2010

God Created The Eyes Of The Beholder


Photo Courtesy Of Airlee Owens

This weekend I took my wife, my daughter and our grandson to our cabin in Lake Tahoe not just because my grandson had been begging me to take him to the snow but because it's so beautiful there and I find it very tranquil as well. Yesterday while relaxing as I sat alone by my fireplace looking out my window at the snow covered mountains all around the lake I began thinking about my mother and her love of Bandon and it's beautiful ocean. That led me to thinking about Airlee and the same affection he shared for the same place. Then I remembered a scene from one of my favorite movies when Jack Nicholson read a letter Morgan Freeman had written to him just before he died and in it he said... "Our lives are streams flowing to the same river towards whatever Heaven lies in the mist beyond the falls. Find the joy in your life... Close your eyes and let the waters take you home."

It was then that I had a difficult time holding back the tears as I realized the same beauty I saw in the mountains outside my window was the same beauty God created for my mother and Airlee each of which gasped at it's infinite beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment